Singpass is the national digital identity system used by Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners who hold employment or student passes to transact with Government agencies online. It allows convenient and secure access to many digital services provided by the Government.However, users may sometimes encounter technical errors when trying to log in or use Singpass. One common error is the 87-c900 error code. This article will provide an in-depth guide on how to troubleshoot and resolve this Singpass error.
What Causes the 87-c900 Error?
The 87-c900 error typically occurs due to one of these reasons:
Outdated Singpass App
Your Singpass app may be outdated and needs to be updated to the latest version. New app versions contain bug fixes and improvements required for Singpass to work properly.
Network Connection Issues
Problems with your internet connection can prevent Singpass from connecting to the servers. Slow, unstable or interrupted connections commonly trigger this error.
Routine maintenance and upgrades on Singpass servers can also lead to temporary service disruptions. Trying to log in during such downtimes will show the 87-c900 error.
In rare cases, the error could stem from problems with your Singpass account itself. Invalid credentials, expired accounts, etc. can cause issues when logging in.
Step-by-Step Fixes for 87-c900 Error
Follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve the 87-c900 Singpass error:
1. Update the Singpass App
Always keep your Singpass mobile app updated to the latest version available in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- On Android phones, open Play Store > Tap menu > My Apps & Games > Check for update on Singpass.
- On iPhones, open App Store > Tap Profile icon > Check for update on Singpass.
Install any available updates and then try accessing Singpass again.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure that your mobile phone or computer has a stable internet connection when accessing Singpass:
- For WiFi networks, move closer to the router and connect to a less congested network if possible.
- For mobile data, switch to a stronger 4G or 5G connection instead of weaker 3G/Edge signals.
- Try disabling VPN services which may interfere with Singpass connectivity.
- If using public networks, connect via a secure VPN service to encrypt traffic.
3. Retry After Some Time During Maintenance
If Singpass services are down for maintenance, wait for 1-2 hours and retry. Scheduled maintenance windows are also announced on the Singpass login page.
4. Use Updated Browsers
When accessing Singpass on a computer, ensure you use the latest version of supported browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, etc. Old unsupported browsers can cause connectivity issues.
5. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Too much cached data in your browser can sometimes disrupt Singpass performance.
- On Chrome, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Clear Browsing Data. Select cached images and files and cookies & site data. Time range – Last 4 weeks. Clear data.
- On Firefox, go to Options > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Clear Data. Select Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content. Time range – Everything. Clear.
6. Try Incognito/Private Browsing Mode
Enable Incognito or Private Browsing mode in your browser settings. This will load Singpass without using any cached data that may be corrupted.
7. Reset Your Singpass Account
Log in to your Singpass Account Management using your Singpass ID and password. Under Account Settings, select Reset Account. This will reset your account credentials and often resolves persistent login issues.
8. Contact Singpass Support
If the error still persists after trying all troubleshooting steps, contact Singpass Support for further investigation and resolution of account-specific issues.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 6336 2121
Preventing Future 87-c900 Errors
Here are some tips to avoid encountering 87-c900 errors frequently when using Singpass:
- Set your Singpass app to auto update whenever new versions are released.
- Use stable and fast WiFi or mobile data connections only. Avoid public networks.
- Clear browser history and cookies regularly to prevent cached data issues.
- Maintain strong, unique passwords that are updated periodically for account security.
- Avoid accessing Singpass during scheduled maintenance windows.
- Ensure your mobile OS and browsers are updated to the latest releases.
- Enable login notifications to detect unauthorized access attempts.
- Contact support proactively for any account issues faced.
Key Takeaways on Resolving 87-c900 Errors
- Update the Singpass app to eliminate any app bugs causing the error.
- Check your internet connectivity and use stable/fast networks.
- Clear browser history and switch to Incognito mode when facing issues.
- Reset your Singpass account credentials if it continues occurring.
- Enable auto updates and maintain device/browser updates.
- Avoid Singpass during maintenance downtime schedules.
- Contact Singpass customer support if troubleshooting does not help resolve it.
The Singpass 87-c900 error typically arises due to outdated apps, network problems, scheduled maintenance or account issues. Following the troubleshooting techniques outlined in this article can help you diagnose the root cause and resolve the problem quickly. Maintaining app/browser updates, using robust networks and proactively managing your Singpass account will prevent this error from occurring frequently. Contact customer support if you need additional assistance to get Singpass working again smoothly.
Q: Why does the 87-c900 error occur in Singpass?
A: This error is typically caused by outdated Singpass apps, network connection issues, server maintenance or problems with the user account itself.
Q: Where can I find the latest update for the Singpass app?
A: Updates for the iOS and Android Singpass apps are available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store respectively.
Q: How can I check if Singpass is down for maintenance?
A: Scheduled maintenance notices are posted on the Singpass login page. You can also follow their social media pages for updates.
Q: Which web browsers work best for accessing Singpass on a computer?
A: For best results, use the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge browsers when accessing Singpass on a computer.
Q: Is it safe to use public WiFi networks when logging into Singpass?
A: It is recommended to avoid using public hotspots to access Singpass as they pose security risks. Use secure networks or VPNs instead.
Q: Can I reset my Singpass account if I forget my password?
A: Yes, you can reset your Singpass account including credentials via the Account Management page after logging in with your ID.
Q: How do I update expired or incorrect details in my Singpass account?
A: Log in to your Singpass account and edit the details under User Profile in Account Management page. Submit relevant documents if needed.
Q: Is there a mobile app version of Singpass I can use?
A: Yes, the Singpass mobile app is available on Android and iOS devices by searching Play Store or App Store.
Q: What details should I have ready when contacting Singpass customer support?
A: Have your NRIC/FIN number, registered contact details and description of the error handy when reaching out to Singpass support.
Q: Does deleting and reinstalling the app help fix Singpass errors?
A: It is better to just update the Singpass app instead of deleting it entirely. Reinstall only if suggested by Singpass support.
Q: How can I improve Singpass security on my account?
A: Use strong unique passwords, enable 2FA, monitor login notifications and periodically change your credentials for better account security.
Q: Is Singpass accessible offline or does it require an internet connection?
A: You need a stable internet connection, either WiFi or mobile data, for Singpass to work. It is not accessible offline.
Q: What details are required to register for a new Singpass account?
A: To register, you need your NRIC/FIN number, a valid email address, local mobile number and to set up passwords and security questions.
Q: Can the 87-c900 error occur when accessing Singpass from overseas?
A: Yes, this error can happen if you travel overseas due to connectivity issues. Use a Singapore-based VPN service to bypass region blocks.
Q: How long does it take for Singpass to resolve account-related issues?
A: Most account issues will be fixed within 1-3 working days after you contact support. Complex cases may take longer.