Prime Video error code 60 is a common issue that prevents users from streaming content on Amazon Prime Video. This error indicates that there is a problem connecting to Amazon’s servers. Thankfully, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve this error and get back to streaming your favorite shows and movies.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk through the top methods for fixing Prime Video error code 60. Whether the issue is on your end with your device, network, or account, or an outage on Amazon’s side, we’ve got you covered. Follow along below to get Prime Video working again quickly.
Troubleshoot Your Device
The first thing to try when encountering Prime Video error 60 is restarting your device. This refreshes the cache and often resolves temporary glitches.
Follow these steps:
- On a mobile device – Close the Prime Video app completely and power your device off and back on. Then launch the app again.
- On a computer – Quit the Prime Video website/app, restart your computer, then reconnect.
- On a streaming device – Unplug your Fire Stick, Roku, Apple TV or other device for one minute. Plug back in and relaunch the Prime Video app.
- On a smart TV – Close the Prime Video app, turn your TV off and unplug from power for 60 seconds. Reconnect and restart.
This basic reboot clears any software hiccups and reconnects you fresh to Amazon’s servers, often fixing error 60.
Update Apps and Devices
Another issue that can cause Prime Video error 60 is having an outdated app or firmware. Amazon frequently releases updates to patch bugs and improve performance.
Make sure you update:
- The Prime Video app on mobile devices and smart TVs
- The operating system on streaming devices
- Device drivers on computers
This gets all your software up to date so streaming can work properly again. You can enable automatic app updates on mobiles and streaming devices for convenience.
Check Internet Connection
Since Prime Video is a streaming service, you must have a stable internet connection for it to work properly. Slow speeds, high latency, and lost connectivity can all cause error 60.
Troubleshoot your network:
- Reset router – Unplug your router and modem for 60 seconds and plug back in. This often fixes temporary glitches.
- Check ISP for outages – Contact your internet provider to see if there are any known service outages in your area affecting connectivity.
- Test speeds – Go to Speedtest.net and run a test. You’ll want speeds above 25 Mbps for HD streaming. If speeds are low, contact your ISP.
- Connect via ethernet – For the most reliable speeds, connect your streaming device directly to your router with an ethernet cable rather than using WiFi.
Having fast, steady connectivity ensures smooth Prime Video streaming and can prevent error 60.
Check Amazon Prime Subscription
In order to stream videos on Prime Video, you must be subscribed to Amazon Prime. Error 60 can occur if your membership lapses.
To check your subscription status:
- Go to Amazon.com and click “Accounts & Lists”
- Manage your Prime membership
- Verify the current expiration date
- If expired, renew your membership
Once your account is active, you’ll be able to access Prime Video again. Keep in mind you may need to re-login on your devices after renewing.
Contact Amazon Customer Support
If you’ve tried the troubleshooting steps but are still seeing error 60, reach out to the Amazon Prime Video support team:
- Chat – Initiate a live chat at Amazon.com/contact. Chat is available 24/7.
- Email – Send an email to [email protected] explaining the issue. Expect a 1-2 day response time.
- Phone – Call Amazon customer service at 1-888-280-4331. Wait times may be long depending on call volume.
The support team can further diagnose the issue, check server status, and reset your account if needed. They may even offer you a free month of Prime for the inconvenience if error 60 persists.
Clear Cache and Data
Over time, accumulated cached data and cookies can cause performance issues with Prime Video. Clearing this data forces the app to re-initialize from scratch.
Follow these steps based on your device:
On an iPhone or iPad
- Open device Settings
- Go to General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage
- Select Amazon Prime Video app
- Tap “Offload App” to clear data
- Reinstall Prime Video from the App Store
On an Android
- Open device Settings
- Select Apps or Application Manager
- Choose Amazon Prime Video
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons
- Force stop the app and relaunch
On a Fire TV Stick
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications
- Select Amazon Prime Video
- Choose Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Press Home button to close app and restart
On a Smart TV
- Go to Device Settings or System Menu
- Find Option to Clear Cache and/or Apps Data
- Select Amazon Prime Video
- Re-open app after data resets
This gives you a clean slate with Prime Video and often resolves error 60 in the process.
Uninstall and Reinstall App
If you still see error code 60 after other troubleshooting, fully uninstalling and reinstalling the Prime Video app can provide a fix. This will completely remove any corrupted files or settings.
To uninstall Prime Video:
- On mobile – Delete the app as you would any other. Go to the app store to reinstall fresh.
- On Fire TV – Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Select Prime Video > Uninstall. Redownload from Amazon Appstore.
- On smart TVs – Go to App Settings or Manage Apps menu. Find Prime Video and select Uninstall or Delete App. Then reinstall from your TV’s app store.
- On computer – Select the Start Menu or Search and find Prime Video. Right click and choose Uninstall. Get the app again from Amazon.com.
Once you have a brand new Prime Video install, login and see if error 60 is resolved.
Check Amazon Web Services Status
The Prime Video platform runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure. Any outages or disruptions to AWS servers can cause widespread playback errors like code 60.
You can check the current operational status of AWS services at:
- Amazon AWS Service Health Dashboard
Look for any issues flagged with the Prime Video service or AWS servers in your region. If Amazon is reporting an outage, you’ll have to wait for it to be fixed on their end before Prime Video will work again.
Bookmark the status page so you can quickly verify whether any Prime Video problems are due to AWS outages in the future.
Use VPN to Bypass Restrictions
In some cases, you may encounter Prime Video error code 60 due to your network or geographic location. Streaming content can be restricted in certain regions and networks.
To workaround these limitations, you can use a VPN (Virtual Private Network). A VPN masks your IP address and spoofs your location, allowing you to bypass geographic blocks.
Some top VPNs to try for Prime Video include:
- Private Internet Access
Connect to a VPN server based in a location where Prime Video works, refresh your app, and see if error 60 is resolved. This trick can provide access if the issue stems from regional restrictions.
Factory Reset Your Device
If all else fails and Prime Video error code 60 persists, performing a factory reset on your streaming device can fix otherwise unresolvable software gremlins.
Just be aware – a factory reset will wipe all data and settings, so backup anything important first.
Here are factory reset instructions for common devices:
- Fire TV Stick – Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Reset to Factory Defaults
- Roku – Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset
- iPhone – Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
- Android Phone – Go to Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset
- Apple TV – Go to Settings > System > Reset > Reset All Settings
Once your device is restored to factory default settings, download Prime Video again and log in. With software and settings cleared, this should resolve persistent error 60 problems.
Contact Prime Video Support
If you still can’t get Prime Video working after trying these troubleshooting tips, reach out to the Prime Video support team:
- By phone at 888-280-4331
- Via online chat at amazon.com/contact
- By email to [email protected]
Explain you are getting persistent error 60 issues. They can take a deeper look at your account and troubleshoot further. They may even offer you 1-2 months of Prime for free for the inconvenience.
Error 60 can certainly be annoying and disrupt your Prime Video streaming. But in most cases, it can be resolved quickly if you methodically work through fixes.
First, reboot and update your device, app, and network equipment. Check your Amazon Prime subscription status. Clear cached data and perform uninstalls/reinstalls. Switch on a VPN to bypass any regional blocks.
If Prime Video is still not working, contact Amazon customer support. The issue may be on their end with AWS server outages. But usually error 60 can be fixed with a little diligent troubleshooting on your end.
Now get back to enjoying your favorite movies and shows!
FAQ About Fixing Prime Video Error Code 60
- Why do I keep getting Prime Video error code 60?
Error 60 is usually caused by device, network, or subscription issues on your end. It can also occur during AWS outages. Troubleshooting your equipment and account can typically resolve it.
- How can I fix Prime Video error code 60 on my Firestick?
On a Fire TV Stick, restart your device, check network speeds, uninstall and reinstall the app, clear cached data, and update firmware. If issues persist, factory reset.
- What does Prime Video error 60 mean on Samsung Smart TV?
On Samsung TVs, error 60 indicates a network connectivity issue or app malfunction. Troubleshoot your WiFi, reinstall the app, or reset your TV to factory defaults.
- Why does Prime Video error 60 happen on my iPad?
Check for iOS and app updates, reset network settings, uninstall/reinstall Prime Video, and wipe cached data to fix error 60 on an iPad. Also verify your Amazon Prime membership is active.
- How can I fix Prime Video error 60 on my Android phone?
Clear app cache/data, force stop the app, check for firmware and Prime Video app updates, switch WiFi or cellular data connections, and reboot your device to fix error 60 on Android.
- What causes Prime Video error 60 on Roku?
On Roku devices, error 60 can happen from WiFi issues, outdated Roku OS, app conflicts, or corrupting caching. Troubleshoot network, update software, reinstall Prime Video, and clear data.
- Why does Prime Video error 60 happen on my laptop?
On laptops, connectivity problems, outdated app/OS/drivers, cookies/data issues, and regional restrictions can cause error 60. Troubleshoot WiFi, update software, reinstall app, use VPN.
- How do I contact Amazon Prime Video support for error 60?
You can contact Prime Video support by live chat at amazon.com/contact, emailing [email protected], or calling 888-280-4331 for help resolving persistent error 60 issues.
- Is Prime Video error 60 an account issue?
It can be – make sure your Prime membership didn’t expire. You may need to renew your subscription to access Prime Video if your account lapsed.
- Is error 60 a temporary Prime Video problem?
It can be. Verify AWS server status, as outages can cause playback error 60. If Amazon services are disrupted, wait for fixes on their end.
- Will restarting my device fix Prime Video error 60?
Yes, restarting your streaming device/TV/computer/tablet/phone can often resolve temporary software glitches causing error 60. Reboot router too.
- Will reinstalling the Prime Video app fix error code 60?
Yes, uninstalling the Prime Video app and reinstalling fresh can clear up software corruption and settings issues causing error 60.
- Can outdated device software cause Prime Video error 60?
Yes, outdated operating systems, firmware, drivers, and apps can definitely cause error 60. Update everything to latest versions.
- Can internet problems cause Prime Video error code 60?
Definitely. Weak WiFi signals, slow speeds, latency, and ISP outages can all cause error 60. Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Will clearing app cache/data resolve error 60 on Prime Video?
Clearing cached data and app storage can resolve error 60 issues caused by corrupted data or settings. Wipe app data and re-login.
- How do I factory reset my Firestick to fix Prime Video error 60?
Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Reset to Factory Defaults on your Fire TV Stick to wipe it and troubleshoot persistent error 60 problems.
- What is the best VPN to use for fixing Prime Video error 60?
Top VPNs to bypass regional restrictions causing error 60 include ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfs hark, CyberGhost, and Private Internet Access.
- Is error 60 a temporary issue with Prime Video?
It can be – some error 60 problems resolve on their own over time as servers recalibrate. Try again later if troubleshooting steps don’t work.
- Is there a workaround for Prime Video error code 60?
Workarounds include using a VPN to bypass regional blocks, borrowing a friend’s login, watching on another device, and contacting Amazon support.
- Should I contact Amazon if error 60 persists?
Yes, contact Prime Video support if error 60 remains after troubleshooting. They can further diagnose issues and may compensate you with free Prime time.