The Nexon Launcher is the main gateway for playing Nexon games like Maple Story, Mabinogi, Vindictus, etc. However, users sometimes encounter error codes like 20010 that prevent them from launching or updating their games.This comprehensive guide will teach you how to troubleshoot and fix the Nexon Launcher error 20010 on your Windows PC. We’ll cover the causes of the issue and walk through solutions like restarting services, reinstalling the launcher, adjusting firewall settings, and more.
By the end, you’ll be able to resolve error 20010 and get back to playing your favorite Nexon titles through the launcher app.
What Causes the Nexon Launcher Error 20010?
The 20010 error usually occurs due to one of these reasons:
- Corrupted Nexon Launcher files – Damaged or missing files related to the Nexon Launcher can trigger this error during updates or launching games.
- Outdated Nexon Launcher – Having an obsolete version of the launcher that lacks compatibility or has bugs can lead to error 20010.
- Firewall blocking the Launcher – Overly restrictive firewall settings blocking the launcher executables or blocking connections to Nexon’s servers results in this error.
- Antivirus conflicts – Some antivirus programs falsely detect parts of the Launcher as threats and block them, causing issues.
- Cached Nexon files – Old cached launcher files sometimes conflict with new updates and create error 20010.
- Nexon services issues – Server-side problems with Nexon’s services disrupt communication between the Launcher and servers.
So in most cases, the error is fixable with some simple troubleshooting on your end to eliminate conflicts or corruptions.
1. Restart Related Services
Before diving into troubleshooting, try restarting key Windows services that could be interfering with the Nexon Launcher. This can resolve temporary conflicts.
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services. MSc” and click OK to open the Services manager.
- Scroll down and locate the following services:
- Nexon Game Manager Service
- Nexon Game Security Service
- Right-click each service and select Restart.
- Repeat this process for the IP Helper service.
- Try running the Nexon Launcher again after restarting these services.
Restarting the Nexon services and IP Helper flushes out any memory issues or network conflicts that could be preventing proper communication between the Launcher and Nexon’s servers.
2. Run the Launcher as Administrator
Another quick thing to try is launching the Nexon Launcher as an Administrator. This grants the program full permissions that may be required to update itself or connect to Nexon’s services properly.
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the install location for the Nexon Launcher (Usually C:\Nexon\Library\NexonLauncher)
- Right-click on the NexonLauncher.exe file and select Run as administrator.
- Try updating or launching your Nexon game through the launcher now.
Running with admin access eliminates permission issues that might be blocking vital launcher functions.
3. Whitelist the Launcher in Your Firewall and Antivirus
Overly restrictive firewalls or antivirus software can sometimes block legitimate launcher files or connections required for proper functioning.
Adding exceptions to your firewall and antivirus for the Nexon Launcher can help resolve this.
- Open the Windows Firewall settings via Control Panel or searching Windows Security.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change Settings and then Allow another app.
- Browse to the Nexon Launcher install location, usually C:\Nexon\Library\NexonLauncher
- Select the NexonLauncher.exe and click Add.
- Repeat this process for any other Nexon executables in the install folders.
This whitelists the Launcher in Windows Firewall and opens up the needed connections.
- Open your antivirus software settings. For Windows Security, go to Virus & Threat Protection settings.
- Look for options to set exclusions, exceptions or whitelisting rules.
- Add exclusions for the entire Nexon folder, usually C:\Nexon
- You can also exclude just the executables like NexonLauncher.exe
- Save the changes and restart your antivirus.
Double check that your antivirus or firewall is no longer detecting the Launcher as a threat.
4. Disable Proxy Settings in the Launcher
Having proxy server settings enabled in the Nexon Launcher can also sometimes obstruct connectivity and cause error 20010.
Disabling the proxy is worth trying:
- Open the Nexon Launcher and click on Settings (gear icon).
- Go to General and scroll down to Proxy Settings.
- Uncheck Use Proxy Server.
- Click Save Changes and close the launcher.
- Relaunch the Nexon Launcher and see if error 20010 persists.
This prevents any proxy from interfering with the Launcher’s connections to Nexon’s servers.
5. Delete Cache and Data Files
Corrupted cached or data files from previous launcher versions could conflict with the latest updates. Deleting these clears out any problematic remnants.
- Close any open Nexon Launcher processes.
- Press Windows + R and type “%appdata%” to open the Appdata Roaming folder.
- Delete the NexonLauncher folder entirely.
- Return to C:\Nexon\Library and delete any cache folders present.
- Open the launcher and check for error 20010.
Deleting old cached data forces the launcher to rebuild its files properly.
6. Update or Reinstall the Nexon Launcher
If you haven’t done so already, make sure the Nexon Launcher itself is up to date by:
- Opening the launcher and clicking the Update button at the top right.
- Follow the prompts to download the newest launcher version.
An outdated launcher that lacks recent compatibility fixes or improvements is a prime suspect for error 20010. Updating eliminates this possibility.
If updating does not work, perform a clean reinstall of the Nexon Launcher:
- Uninstall the Nexon Launcher from your Programs & Features settings.
- Restart your computer.
- Download and install the latest launcher from Nexon’s website.
- When prompted, install it into the default C:\Nexon directory.
A clean install wipes out any corrupted files and gives you a fresh launcher.
7. Perform a Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot in Windows isolates any third-party programs that could be interfering with the Nexon Launcher:
- Open msconfig by pressing Windows + R and typing “msconfig”
- Go to the Services tab and check ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ then click ‘Disable all’
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager
- Select each startup item and click ‘Disable’
- Restart your PC into this clean boot state
- Test if the Nexon Launcher works properly now without other programs loading.
- If the issue is resolved, revert the clean boot changes and enable programs selectively to find the conflict.
The clean boot determines if background apps or services are responsible for the 20010 error.
8. Check if Nexon Services are Down
Sometimes the error is on Nexon’s end due to server outages. You can check the Nexon Service Status page here to see if any maintenance is occurring.
If services are down, you’ll have to wait until Nexon brings them back online before you can play. Keep retrying later.
9. Contact Nexon Support
If you still cannot resolve error 20010 after trying all troubleshooting steps, get in touch with Nexon’s customer support:
- Submit a ticket through the Nexon support page
- Post on their official forums for community help.
- Contact @Nexon_Support on Twitter.
Nexon support can further assist you in diagnosing and fixing persistent error 20010 issues.
In summary, Error 20010 with the Nexon Launcher typically arises due to launcher file corruptions, software conflicts, firewall blocks, outdated applications, or Nexon service outages.
Carefully going through solutions like whitelisting the launcher, deleting caches, reinstalling the launcher, isolating programs, and checking server status should resolve the majority of 20010 errors.
Getting help from Nexon’s support channels is recommended if problems continue to persist.
With the steps provided in this guide, you should now be able to troubleshoot and fix Nexon Launcher error 20010 when it pops up.
- Error 20010 is often caused by corrupted files, software conflicts, firewall blocks or Nexon server issues.
- Restarting Nexon services, running as admin, and whitelisting the launcher can quickly fix many 20010 errors.
- Updating the launcher, reinstalling it, deleting caches and performing a clean boot are other effective solutions.
- Make sure to check for Nexon service outages if the error persists despite troubleshooting.
- Contact official Nexon support for further help if you cannot resolve error code 20010.
Q: What does Nexon Launcher error 20010 mean?
A: Error 20010 indicates there is a connection issue between the Nexon Launcher and Nexon’s services, typically caused by file corruption, software conflicts, firewall blocks or server problems.
Q: How can I fix Nexon Launcher error 20010 without reinstalling?
A: Try restarting services, running the launcher as admin, whitelisting it in your firewall and antivirus, disabling proxy settings, deleting caches and performing a clean boot. This fixes many 20010 errors without reinstalling.
Q: Why does my Nexon Launcher keep getting error 20010?
A: Frequent 20010 errors likely mean there is an underlying issue like outdated launcher files, a conflicting program, or firewall constantly blocking connections. Thoroughly troubleshooting helps identify the root cause.
Q: I reinstalled Nexon Launcher but still get error 20010. What now?
A: After a reinstall, try deleting all Nexon cached/data folders and performing a clean boot to isolate any external conflicts. Also check for Nexon service outages maintenance.
Q: How can I contact Nexon support for help with error 20010?
A: You can contact @Nexon_Support on Twitter, submit a ticket at the Nexon support site, post on their forums or look for live chat options to get help resolving persistent error 20010 problems.
Q: I get error 20010 when clicking Play on a Nexon game. How can I fix this?
A: The 20010 on game launch is also related to connectivity issues. Restarting services, updating the launcher, whitelisting it, deleting caches and checking server status can help fix this specific case.
Q: Why do I get Nexon Launcher error 20010 on a fresh install?
A: On fresh installs, an overly restrictive firewall or antivirus likely blocks the launcher executables or connections. Be sure to whitelist the launcher folder in such software to prevent erroneous blocks.
Q: Can I still play Nexon games if I get error 20010 when opening launcher?
A: No, error 20010 prevents usage of the launcher and ability to play games. You have to resolve the connectivity issues before you can access Nexon games through the launcher.
Q: Does error 20010 mean my Nexon account is banned?
A: No, error 20010 is not related to account status bans. It arises from connectivity and file issues. As long as you can login to the website, your account is fine.
Q: I’m getting Nexon Launcher error 20010 on multiple PCs. Is this a Nexon server issue?
A: Yes, if the error occurs on multiple PCs simultaneously, it likely indicates wider outages or problems with Nexon services. Check their server status page and retry later.
Q: Where can I download the latest version of Nexon Launcher to fix error 20010?
A: You can get the newest Nexon Launcher installer from the official Nexon website. Updating to latest version often resolves 20010 issues caused by outdated launchers.