Many Amazon Prime Video users encounter Error Code 1071 when trying to watch movies or TV shows. This error prevents you from streaming content and can be frustrating to deal with. But don’t worry – Error Code 1071 can be easily fixed with a few simple troubleshooting steps.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explain what Error Code 1071 is, why you may be seeing it, and walk you through how to resolve it on various devices like Smart TVs, mobile devices, streaming sticks, game consoles, and computers. With the right fixes, you’ll be back to streaming your favorite Prime Video content in no time.
What is Amazon Prime Video Error Code 1071?
Error Code 1071 indicates there is an issue connecting your device to the Amazon Prime Video servers. It typically appears with a message saying “We’re having trouble playing this video. Please try again later” or “Cannot connect to video. please check your network connection and try again.”
Some common causes of Error Code 1071 include:
- Slow or unstable internet connection
- Outdated app or firmware
- DNS server issues
- Problem with Amazon servers
- Using a VPN or proxy service
- Temporary service outage
The good news is this error can often be resolved with some basic troubleshooting on your end. Let’s go over the various fixes for Error Code 1071 so you can get back to streaming Prime Video ASAP.
Fixes for Smart TVs and Streaming Devices
If you’re encountering Error Code 1071 on your Smart TV, streaming stick, box, or similar device, here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve it:
Restart Your Device
A simple device restart is often all you need to clear Error 1071. Here are the steps:
- Locate the power button on your streaming device or TV.
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.
- Plug it back in and power on your device.
- Launch the Prime Video app again and see if Error 1071 is fixed.
Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure your WiFi or ethernet connection is strong by running a speed test. If speeds are consistently low, move closer to your router or connect via ethernet instead of WiFi. Slow internet can prevent Error 1071 fixes from working.
Update Your App
An outdated Prime Video app version can trigger Error Code 1071. Check your device’s app store for any available updates. Download the latest app version and the error should disappear.
Delete and Reinstall the App
If app updates don’t fix it, uninstall the Prime Video app from your device completely. Then download a fresh copy of the app from the app store and sign back into your Amazon account.
Reset Network Settings
On many Smart TVs, you can reset all network settings which clears any issues with DNS servers or internet connection problems. Refer to your TV manual for steps to reset network settings.
Contact Amazon Prime Video Support
If you still see Error Code 1071, reach out to the Amazon Prime Video support team. They can further troubleshoot potential issues on Amazon’s end causing the 1071 error.
Fixes for Mobile Devices
Encountering Prime Video Error Code 1071 on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet? Try these troubleshooting tips:
Force Close and Restart the App
Close the Prime Video app by swiping it away from the multitasking view. Restart your mobile device, then launch the app again. This often resolves transient Error Code 1071 issues.
Update Your App
Go to the App Store or Google Play Store to check for Prime Video app updates. Install the latest update, it may contain fixes for Error Code 1071.
Reinstall the App
If updates don’t work, uninstall Prime Video then reinstall it from the app store. Sign back in, the fresh install typically resolves app errors like 1071.
Restart Your Mobile Device
Power your phone or tablet off completely, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Re-launch Prime Video – this resolves many temporary errors.
Verify Date and Time Settings
Incorrect date & time settings can prevent the Prime Video app from connecting. Go into Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure “Set Automatically” is enabled.
Check Connection Speeds
Run a speed test app to confirm your mobile connection has sufficiently fast speeds for video streaming. Slow speeds can lead to Error Code 1071 appearing.
Delete Cache and Data
From your device Settings, find the Prime Video app. Select Clear Cache and Clear Data to remove any corrupt files causing issues.
Contact Amazon Support
If Error 1071 persists on mobile, contact Amazon’s customer support team for additional troubleshooting help. They can dig into issues beyond your control.
Fixes for Game Consoles
Game consoles like Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch also support the Amazon Prime Video app. If you see Error Code 1071 when streaming Prime Video on your console, try these tips:
Restart Your Console
Fully power down your console, unplug it for 30 seconds, then restart. This will clear any temporary errors like Error Code 1071.
Check Your Network Connection
Test your internet speeds directly on the console by running a network test in Settings. Slow speeds can prevent Prime Video streams from connecting.
Update Your Console
Ensure your game console’s system software is updated to the latest version. Outdated firmware can cause issues with Prime Video app connections.
Update or Reinstall Prime Video App
In your console’s app store or library, check if any updates are available for the Prime Video app – install any updates. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app fresh.
Switch DNS Servers
Try temporarily switching your DNS servers to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS in your console network settings menu. DNS issues can trigger Error Code 1071.
Delete Cache and Saved Data
Clear the cache and app data for Prime Video from your Manage Applications or Storage menu. Corrupt data can prevent the app from working properly.
Contact Customer Support
For persistent Error Code 1071, consult with Amazon’s support team to identify any problems on their end. They can further troubleshoot the issue.
Fixes for Computers
Watching Prime Video content on your Windows PC or Mac and getting Error Code 1071? Use these troubleshooting tips:
Restart Your Computer
Fully reboot your computer to clear out any software errors causing Error Code 1071. Restarting flushes temporary issues.
Update Your App
On both PC and Mac, open the Amazon Prime Video app and check for any available updates. Install app updates to get bug fixes and performance improvements.
Reinstall the App
If no updates are shown, uninstall Prime Video then visit Amazon.com to reinstall the latest app version. Sign back in after reinstalling.
Use a Different Browser
Try watching Prime Video content through a different web browser like Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari. An outdated browser can trigger Error 1071.
Clear Browser Cache/Cookies
Open your browser settings, go to privacy/security and clear your cached data and cookies. Corrupt browser data can affect Prime Video streams.
Disable VPNs and Proxies
VPN software products and proxy server connections can interfere with Prime Video streams. Temporarily disable any VPNs and ensure your internet traffic is direct.
Check Network Connectivity
Make sure your computer has a stable ethernet or WiFi connection. Slow or intermittent connections will cause Error Code 1071.
Contact Amazon Support
For ongoing Error Code 1071, reach out to the Amazon Prime Video support team for additional troubleshooting. Explain the error and they can investigate further.
Preventing Future Error Code 1071 Issues
Once you’ve resolved Error Code 1071, you can take steps to avoid seeing it again in the future:
- Keep your streaming devices, consoles and apps updated with the latest firmware, updates and installs
- Periodically restart your devices to clear any transient errors
- Ensure your home network has sufficient bandwidth – upgrade your router or internet plan if needed
- Connect streaming devices directly via ethernet if possible for maximum stability
- Disable VPN services and proxies when watching Prime Video to prevent connection issues
- Clear app cache/data and browser cookies regularly to avoid corrupt files
- Check Amazon’s Service Health dashboard for any known Prime Video issues
Following these best practices will minimize Error Code 1071 occurrences when streaming Prime Video in the future.
Contacting Amazon Prime Video Support
If you are still experiencing Prime Video Error Code 1071 after trying all recommended fixes, reach out to Amazon’s customer support team for assistance.
There are a few ways to get in touch with Prime Video support:
- From Your Computer: When logged into Prime Video on your Mac or PC, click on “Help” located at the top right. This opens a chat window with Prime Video support.
- From Mobile Apps: Open the Prime Video app on your smartphone or tablet. Tap on “Help” in the sidebar menu. This launches the contact support options.
- Phone: Call Amazon Prime Video support at 888-280-4331. Support is available 24/7.
- Twitter: Tweet @PrimeVideo for help from the official Prime Video support account. Direct Message is also available.
- Amazon Forum: Post about Error Code 1071 on the Amazon Prime Video Community forums for input from other users and Amazon moderators.
When contacting Prime Video support, provide details like when Error Code 1071 appears (while browsing, playing specific titles, etc.), what troubleshooting you’ve tried already, and the device(s) affected. The more info you can share, the quicker they can resolve the issue!
Error Code 1071 interrupts your ability to stream Amazon Prime Video content. But in most cases, this error can be quickly fixed with some simple troubleshooting steps.
Follow the troubleshooting tips outlined here for your specific device – Smart TVs, mobiles, consoles, computers, and more. Restarting, updating apps, reinstalling, clearing data, and checking network connections will typically get Prime Video back up and running.
If Error Code 1071 persists after trying these fixes, reach out to Amazon’s helpful customer support team. They can walk you through additional ways to resolve Error 1071 and get your Prime Video working again.
With the right troubleshooting, Error Code 1071 doesn’t have to stand in the way of you enjoying the latest movies, shows, and more on Prime Video.
- Error Code 1071 is a connectivity issue preventing Prime Video from streaming content
- Restarting devices, updating apps, reinstalling apps often fixes the issue
- Checking internet speeds, DNS settings, VPN usage can help troubleshoot
- Clearing app cache/data, browser cookies, and resetting network settings may resolve Error 1071
- Amazon Prime Video customer support can provide additional troubleshooting help
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does Prime Video keep showing Error Code 1071?
The most common causes of Error Code 1071 are an unstable internet connection, outdated app/firmware, DNS server issues, VPN usage, or temporary service outage on Amazon’s end.
- How can I fix Error Code 1071 on my Fire TV Stick?
On Fire TV Stick, try restarting the device, checking your internet speeds, installing app updates, or deleting and reinstalling the Prime Video app.
- Does Error Code 1071 mean my Amazon Prime subscription isn’t working?
No, Error Code 1071 is not related to your Prime account status. It is typically a technical connectivity issue. Your subscription is likely fine.
- I see Prime Video Error Code 1071 on my iPad, how do I fix it?
On iPad, you can fix Error 1071 by force quitting the app, installing app updates, reinstalling the app, verifying date/time settings, clearing cache and data, or checking your internet speeds.
- Why do I keep getting Prime Video Error 1071 on my PS4?
On PlayStation consoles, Error Code 1071 is often caused by network connection issues, outdated console firmware, or corrupted data/cache for the Prime Video app.
- How do I get in touch with Amazon Prime Video support for Error Code 1071?
You can contact Prime Video support via live chat on the website, Twitter, phone, forums, or from within the Prime Video mobile apps.
- I only get Prime Video Error 1071 on certain titles. What does this mean?
If Error 1071 only appears for some content, it indicates a problem connecting to Amazon’s servers specifically for that title. Contact support for help troubleshooting.
- Will reinstalling Windows or factory resetting my device fix Error Code 1071?
Reinstalling your OS or factory reset should not be necessary. Simpler troubleshooting steps like restarting and app reinstalls will resolve Error Code 1071 in most cases.
- Does Error Code 1071 mean my internet is too slow for streaming?
Yes, Error Code 1071 can mean your internet speeds are too slow and unstable for Prime Video streaming. Upgrade your internet plan or use ethernet instead of WiFi.
- I keep getting Prime Video Error 1071 on my iPhone. How can I fix this?
On iPhones, fix Error 1071 by force closing and restarting the app, updating iOS and the Prime Video app, reinstalling the app, clearing cache/data, and ensuring date/time settings are correct.
- Why do I only see Prime Video Error Code 1071 on my living room TV and not the bedroom TV?
If the error only appears on one device, it likely indicates an issue with the app, connectivity, or firmware related specifically to that device.
- Does Prime Video Error Code 1071 mean I need a VPN to stream content?
No, using a VPN can actually cause Error Code 1071. Temporarily disable any VPN and try streaming Prime Video over your direct internet connection instead.
- How long does it take to resolve Prime Video Error Code 1071?
The troubleshooting steps listed here should resolve Error Code 1071 within a few minutes. If issues persist, contact Amazon support for additional troubleshooting.
- My other streaming apps work fine, but only Prime Video shows Error 1071. Why?
If other streaming services work, it indicates the issue is isolated to the Prime Video service on your device, network, or Amazon’s servers. Contact support for help.
- I tried everything but still have Error Code 1071. What should I do now?
If you have tried all troubleshooting steps with no success, reach out to Amazon Prime Video customer support. They can investigate further and provide specialized fixes.
- Does deleting and reinstalling the app fix Error Code 1071?
Yes, uninstalling the Prime Video app and installing a fresh copy from the app store can often resolve Error Code 1071 issues.
- Can I prevent Error Code 1071 from happening in the future?
You can prevent further Error 1071 issues by keeping apps/firmware updated, restarting devices regularly, ensuring strong internet, and avoiding VPNs when streaming.
- Will buying a newer, faster device or Smart TV stop Error Code 1071?
Not necessarily – Error Code 1071 is a software issue that can happen on any device. Try troubleshooting your existing device before upgrading to resolve it.
- Does Error Code 1071 mean my device is incompatible with Prime Video?
No, Error Code 1071 is not related to device compatibility. It is simply a connectivity issue that can be fixed with troubleshooting.
We hope this comprehensive guide helps you quickly troubleshoot and resolve frustrating Prime Video Error Code 1071 issues. With the right fixes for your specific device, you’ll be back to enjoying seamless movie and TV show streaming in no time. Don’t hesitate to contact Amazon customer support if you need additional help getting rid of Error Code 1071 for good.